Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Dive

I love little burger joints that smell like salt and ice cream and onions--the way fast food joints oughta smell. I love simple, greasy burgers and not a huge menu selection. I love onion rings and local hangouts and strange treats that serve as the restaurant's main seller. I love the pictures on the wall of family and friends and local history. I love the little boxes that they bring you the food in. I love the cheap paper and the grease spots and the delicious, delightful, delovely food. I love dives.

3 comments:

  1. Have you been to Millie's yet? It's walking distance from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dives are the best! Which one in particular inspired this post? Next time in Utah, we'll hit up some burger joints. And if you ever make it to Seattle, we'll go get some Dick's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Millie's. I suppose it's not walking distance now. But I should try it. :)

    The one that inspired this post was Pace's. I want to take Jesse there.

    ReplyDelete