Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day

To me, Valentine's Day has never been about whether I'm dating someone or not. Maybe it's because I'm not really a relationship person, but I've never been overly depressed or ridiculously happy on Valentine's Day. To me, it's about every kind of love, not just romantic. And, of course, it's also my dad's birthday, so it's kind of always been about family.

But on another note, I would like to discuss romantic gestures. I think one of the biggest reasons we watch romantic movies is for the big gesture at the end, the running through a crowded airport to catch your love just in time, the person who ignores all rules to get their message across, the handsome man who rides up on horseback to whisk you away to a life of adventure and passion.

Whatever happened to the grandiose gestures? The ones that meant something? Roses and candy are all very well, but I'd rather have a guy stand outside of my bedroom window, holding up a boom box, asking, desperately, hopelessly, if he can be part of my life.

I want poetry!

No comments:

Post a Comment