Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Headlines

So many things to write about, but since I am focusing on my novel, I'll just give the highlights:

My parents are ripping out my walls. Let that sink in for a minute. Yeah. I had to get drunk myself. Giant dance floors are important for mid-life crisis. Es.

I have no more best friend. Sure, I have good friends, but my epicenter has fallen out, so here I am, floating in space, feeling vulnerable and lonely, my only support the art I create as I sit alone at my computer, staring at a screen that shines far too bright in the dim light of my office space. I feel as though there's been a death in my family, and I daren't talk about it too much for fear of boring everyone. So there it is.

I am determined to finish the first draft of my novel by my 26th birthday. I started this damn thing when I was 16, so it's a ten-year project in the making. Still a lot of editing to do, but I will be proud when it's done. It is my secret, wild hope that someone, somewhere will fall in love with it and want to publish it. Since I know that isn't realistic, I will most likely self-publish and sell it to Kindle or Amazon. But I expect all my friends to read it.

Work on my movie continues, and we are inching closer to being finished shooting. I feel I look very fat onscreen, so I am looking to lose a few pounds. (Try 30.)

I get drunk just fine on my own now.

Watching an old classic like "When Harry Met Sally" in a movie theater, hearing people laugh at a movie they've all seen a hundred times, is like poetry. I love the movies. It's Oscar time...

1 comment:

  1. In 2011 I sadly say only 15 movies in theaters. Already this year, I've seen 14 including those at Brewvies. It's even more fun to see an older film with a room full of people who love it than a new film (however good) with only a smattering of people (but then I always go to matinees). Magical.

    I love getting drunk on my own.

    I'm so sad about your walls. =(

    Good luck finishing/editing/publishing your novel. I will read it right after I read my dear friend Valerie's novel which came out last year. Sometimes I'm a bad friend.

    ReplyDelete