Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Mantra

The most important thing I will ever teach my children is this:
"Love first, judge never."

It's a phrase I've found myself using more and more frequently, and one I have strived to live by. I think it's one of the most important and underused philosophies around.

The other night I was pleased to hear a woman in my play (a very LDS lady at that) say that she believed the same way. She said she would rather her children go out drinking and having pre-marital sex than be close-minded and judgemental. She said that she couldn't believe how many people, particularly within the LDS church, did not follow that particular principle of the gospel, which is simply to never, ever judge. It was very refreshing to hear that point of view from a member of the church. In a way, it gave me hope.

2 comments: