Saturday, December 4, 2010

On The Good Ship Relation...

So you know how, like, the word relationship means two people relating to each other on a boat? So have you ever thought about what kinds of boats you're on with different people? I have. Because I can't sleep at night. So here's what I've come up with. And each of these represents a specific person. (All men, because honestly, I've always liked them better anyway.) See if you can guess who!


Paddle Boat: We sit side by side, paddling away. It doesn't take much effort to paddle a paddle boat, see, so we never tire. And no one jumps out because really, who wants to jump out of a paddle boat? They're too much fun. We'll probably be paddling for the rest of our lives.

Row Boat: I sit on the bench with an umbrella over my head reading poetry while he rows. It's a bummer when it starts storming, but that's why you bring an umbrella.

Canoe #1: We've been in this little canoe for years, but he dropped the paddle long, long ago. I keep paddling, but it's a LOT of work.

Cruise Ship: Because there's a midnight buffet and champagne, and everyone looks fabulous! We'll be in this boat for a long time!

Canoe #2: We were rowing along, then he tipped the canoe over. When I came up for air, there was no one there. It's hard to paddle a canoe alone...time to get a kayak.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I hate that word "relationship." It's almost as bad as "climax."

    I think I know the paddle boat, the cruise ship, and one of the canoes (but I can't tell if it's 1 or 2).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. I adore you. And you're the cruise ship. :)

    Yeah, you'd probably be able to figure the rest out.

    ReplyDelete