Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just a Little Poetry.

I am in orbit around you,
I am suspended weightless over you
like the blue man
in the Chagall,hanging over you
in a delirious kiss.
Yesterday on the street
I swore I heard your name.
I turned and there was nobody there.
Just five birds rising off the ground--and when their wings hit the air,
I heard your name again.
Just for that second I was one of them,
pounding out your name...
A word of two syllables
locked inside my head.
You see, I am
and I will always be
the one who loved you
without limits.
This is my whole life right now.
Writing to you, talking to you like this.
Saying things I wanted to say,
but could not. And why?
When you are reaching for a star,
there is a long way to fall.
I love you. I have breathed you in.
Why should we sip from a tea cup,
when we can drink from the river?

No comments:

Post a Comment